Friday 13 June 2008

Chasing Butterflies


It was a not-so-hot and not-so-cold morning when we decided to go biking within the vicinity of the village. The good thing about biking here is that only a few cars come and go so it's safer and with fresher air. We'd already biked for five minutes when I noticed these yellow flowers with some butterflies flying around. I requested Yonghoon to go back to the house and get the digital camera for me to be able to capture this rare opportunity of nature's wonder. Call me lucky for having a husband who doesn't mind pampering me by following my little requests :) because it's a rare treat here in South Korea where most people still think that men are as high as the sky and women are as low as the ground. Anyway, back to the picture above, as soon as Yonghoon was back I started chasing butterflies to capture with their wings spread out. The one here was the closest shot I got without the butterfly noticing it. If I think of the global warming threat, I feel sad. If these flowers don't survive the heat, I am wondering how butterflies will be able to supply their needs.

2 comments:

Mel said...

wow - your shot is fabulous!

bloggerette said...

Thanks Mel.